When Google approached us to help craft an animation for the YouTube Accelerator device, we leaped at the opportunity. At Scholar, we knew that in order to get the message across, we needed to provide just the right amount of charm and personality, seamlessly mixing this with a design aesthetic that felt mature, fresh, and ownable. From the beginning, the scripts had funny moments that immediately got our minds racing on how to animate this spot with a subtle sense of humor. Of course, we’d have to design all the fun characters first, which turned out to be one of the highlights of the project. To give each graphically defined head, swoop of hair, and smiling face their own individual personalities, we added extra details to their outfit, their expression, or maybe even their huge muscles. In the end, we love how this animation is both informative and also allows a little room for some fun.
- Production Company: Scholar
- Creative Directors: William Campbell & Will Johnson
- Executive Producer: Christina Roldan
- Head of Production: Rachel Kaminek
- Senior Producer: Stephanie Katritos
- Associate Creative Director: JP Rooney
- Designers: Alex Mapar, JP Rooney, Oliver Dead, Aaron Kemnitzer, Abigail Goh
- Animators: Aaron Kemnitzer, Oliver Dead, Alex Mapar, Matt Choi, JP Rooney, Dennis Go, Corey Langelotti
- Sound & Mix Design: Explosion Robinson
- Track Name: 'I Don’t Care'
- Music Producer: AMP Music
- Client: Google