Beats By Dre
When a young artist struggling to follow her true passion gets yanked into a comic world and attacked by a greedy, soul-sucking villain, she is left in desperate need of a guiding figure. Enter Kris Wu. Actor, rapper, singer, model, entrepreneur. An all around real-life superhero. He does it all while showing the world the true power of creativity.
Every texture, every line and every color was carefully chosen to tell this story and decipher our two worlds all while emphasizing how important it is to believe in your own passions. We dug deep into our younger selves (who are we kidding, we’re still just as giddy about it all) and reopened our favorite comic books, manga and movies for inspiration, pulling together the most dynamic and visually stunning elements from each.
This allowed us to create a unique design style, mixing crisp edges of a comic world and the gritty textures of an artist’s touch. Leaning fully into the comic world we created everything as a vertical film, taking advantage of new and inventive storytelling methods to engage and excite. Enough with the words already! Let’s take a deep breath and dive into the creative world of Beats by Dre together!
- Design & Animation Studio: Gentleman Scholar
- Creative Director: Will Johnson
- Associate Creative Director: Chris Finn
- Managing Director / EP: Jo Arghiris
- Head of Production: Tyler Locke
- CG Supervisor: Tim Hayward
- Senior Producer: Antonio Hardy
- Design Lead: Cam Floyd
- Designers: Ana Chang, Hana Eunjin Yean, Jina Kwon, Gretel Cummings, Lauren Cash, Jasper Yu, Morgan Schweitzer, Micah Kaneshrio, Irma Hasanic
- Animation Lead: Wu Hyun Lew
- 2D Animators: Vincent Wang, Jeffrey "Jip" Jeong, Madison Kelly, Zac Miller
- Cel Animators: Matt Everton, Taik Lee, Regis Camaro, Tristan Balos
- Model/Texture Artists: Jacques Clement, Jeremy Ramirez, Cameron Scott
- 3D Animators: Michael Relth, Bri Meyer
- Storyboards: Anthony Satter
- Mix & Sound Design: AntFood
- Artist & Track Name: Kris Wu “We Alive”