Astellas 'The Touch'
Utilizing a tactile and elegantly frenetic technique we aimed to craft a world that personified the complicated and impassioned emotions of a caregiver. The experience of being swept away, harnessed by an impressionistic style, parallels the struggles of our character to understand each next step. Through the imperfection of the loose animation technique and cinematic lighting, we focused our attention on how the journey of the narrative could unfold.
From a foundation of 3D character animation and cel-animated paint-overs, we created a balance of aesthetics that reflected the disarray of the moment. Painted in gestural brushstrokes, our story does indeed have a happy ending.
- Design and Animation: Scholar
- Creative Directors: Will Johnson and Mike Tavarez
- Managing Director: Jo Arghiris
- Executive Producer: Nic Barnes
- Head of Production: Tyler Locke
- Art Director: Danni Fisher-Shin
- CG Supervisor: Tim Hayward
- Producer: Nicky Maser
- Designers: Jina Kwon, George Fuentes
- 2D Animators: Sam Button, Phil Hoeschen
- Cel Animators: Blake Patrick, Michael Relth, Aly Tain
- Model/Texture Artist: Matt Berenty
- 3D Animators: Alejandra Alvarez, Evan Mayfield, Tyler Mele
- 3D Generalist: Jacques Clement
- Lighter: Christian Sanchez
- Storyboards: Fred Fassberger
- Telecine: RCO
- Colorist: Seth Ricart
- Mix and Sound Design: Canja Audio