'Cultural Movement Makers'
Using the multidisciplinary skill set of the team at Scholar, we set out to create a metaphorical montage of moments inspired by a script written by our friends at Strawberry Frog. We were excited by the initial brief to pour everything we have at Scholar into this short, from concept and design to live action and 3D and even some of our own [staff member's] hands. Each moment was carefully crafted to utilize simplicity, color and texture to thread the visuals and allow the message behind the script to breathe. Between chickens on treadmills, a ladder on roller skates and flaming lips, we certainly had no hesitation in getting a little weird with it.
The script speaks of electrifying evolution of the branding world, which is a topic that speaks directly to us here at Scholar. We were exhilarated by the challenge of making a spot that was self-referential to the point of absurdity. Carefully dissecting each line of the script into it's simplest allegorical form, visuals began to fabricate in our heads. The passing of time became the paint-rolling of grass, temporary ideas motivated the image of a rotten avocado, and the destiny of a transforming world inspired endless reflections of mirrors. Ultimately we created a visual narrative that looks towards the future of branding, and the future is an extravagant place.
- Production Company: Scholar
- Creative Directors: Michael Tavarez & Chris Finn
- Executive Producer: Christina Roldan
- Head of Production: Rachel Kaminek
- Senior Producer: Nikki Ferrara
- Director of Photography: William Campbell
- Designer: Jina Kwon, Andy Lyon
- Animator: Henry Pak
- CG Technical Director: Tim Hayward
- CG Modeler: Kevin Ferrara
- Compositors: Kevin Njoo, Chris Russo
- Client: Strawberry Frog
- Founder and ECD of Strawberry Frog: Scott Goodson
- EP/Production Management: Kit Liset
- Agency: ZebraNYC
- Producer: Linda Rafoss