In an effort to continue to push our multidisciplinary production approach, we built a raw & edgy showcase piece for the Nike Air Zoom All Out Flyknit shoes. Writing the script, creating the concept and defining the visuals in-house.
Our goal was to create visual metaphors that link back to the shape of the design of the shoe. Flutter cuts that take us from surreal vignettes of creatures, monsters, and things that lurk in the dark, to our hero live action talent and the CG product. We ended with a mix of live-action shots and a visceral edit alongside beautifully eerie CG. Contrasting these moments with sleek, sophisticated and illustratively gestural visuals.
- Production Company: Scholar
- Creative Directors: William Campbell & Will Johnson
- Executive Producers: Jo Arghiris, Christina Roldan
- Head of Production: Rachel Kaminek
- Leads: Chris Finn, Macauley Johnson, JP Rooney, Michael Tavarez
- Producers: Nicole Smarsh, Sue Yee Hubbard
- DP: Tom Banks
- CG Lead: Adam Burke
- Editors: Chris Finn, DJ Cosgrove
- Designers & Animators: Chris Finn, Macauley Johnson, JP Rooney, Michael Tavarez, Wendy Eduarte, Dennis Go
- CG Generalists: Chris Finn, Michael Tavarez, Corey Langelotti, Andrew Tan
- 3D Animators: JP Rooney, Adam Burke, Corey Langelotti, Andrew Tan
- Compositors: Chris Finn, Michael Tavarez
- Casting: Pantone Casting
- Runners: Valerie Emanuel, Chanon Finley, Kim Mackay, Guy Peel Jr, Kai De Prata
- VO Talent: Joe Dunlap
- Music: "U Mad" by Vic Mensa feat. Kanye
- Final Mix / SFX: Chris Finn
- Client: Nike
"Do you run like you are being chased?
Or are you chasing IT?"
Content for Social
When we wrote the script for ‘Chase It’ we knew it had legs to exist on a broader array of screens. The adrenaline-fueled, mysterious visuals worked perfectly in the spectrum of social media. From 6-15 seconds and anywhere in between we are able to cut from our anthem :30 and rearrange the footage and the CG to create different storylines and different characters that come to life in unexpected ways. We love thinking this way and go into every project analyzing the storylines and allowing our brains and concepts to create spiderwebs of how the visuals come together in the end.
Inside Our Process
Nike - 'Chase It' - Process Breakdown
The process of creating the rCG Air Zoom All Out Flyknit was amazing in and of itself. The technical side of us went bananas, imagining ways to bring the stitching and knit to life in ways that paralleled the narrative. It all wanted to fit together, reflecting the dark intrigue of the chase and running like there is no tomorrow. We let our inner-designer go nuts as we played with lighting, textures, animations and anything else we could get our hands on.