Our work with the Motionpoems Foundation allowed us to make our most evocative spot to date. Tasked with creating a visual interpretation of a selected poem, our team put a lot of heart and soul into this project. Allowed full creative freedom, we loved running with our imaginations and pushing the envelope with striking hand-painted imagery and hints of psychedelia. The result is an interpretation of Dora Malech’s ‘Working Order’ that takes the viewer on a surreal, exploratory journey into a woman’s introspective psyche.
- Production Company: Scholar
- Creative Directors: William Campbell & Will Johnson
- Executive Producer: Lindsay Bodanza
- Head of Production: Rachel Kaminek
- Art Directors/Lead Designers: Jordan Lyle, JP Rooney
- Producer: Nikki Maniolas
- 3D Animators: Tim Hayward, Ben Grangereau, Ryan Kirkwood, Tyler Mele
- 2D Animators/Designers: Sang Shin, Peter Lee, Heather Aquino, Calvin Prieto
- Executive Producer: Todd Boss, Motionpoems
- Executive Producer: Jennifer David, Egg Creative
- “Working Order,” a poem by Dora Malech.
- Used with Permission.
- © Dora Malech, 2012. This poem originally appeared in The Iowa Review.
- Original Score: Singing Serpent Music
- Original Sound Design & Final Audio Mix Company: Eleven Sound
- Sound Design & Mixer: Ben Freer
- Casting: Sound Lounge
- Casting Director: Carrie Faverty
- Voice Over Actor: Anthoula Katsimatides
- Client: Motionpoems
"We approached this project with a desire to blur the lines between commercial design and traditional art, which resulted in us also blurring the lines of mediums and aesthetics."
Some of our
'(F)aking Of '
We always love a good behind the scenes, or a beautiful making-of video. We had a little fun after we completed this piece and because we had such an incredible time making it, created a 'Faking Of' that embodies just that. Really though, a magician never reveals his secret. But if you ask we'd love to talk about it.