Imaginary Friend Society
'Welcome to the IFS'
Imaginary Friend Society holds a very special place in our hearts because it uses comforting narration and lovable characters to guide kids and families through the challenging world of pediatric cancer treatment.
We endeavored to craft a captivating, all-encompassing world that would act as the nexus for a series of animated explanatory videos created by other studios. We designed dozens of characters to embody the distinctive characteristics of their mixed media execution. These characters, who live together in the world of the Imaginary Friend Society, lead viewers through an unfolding narrative that takes them from one expansive stylized environment to another. The characters and mediums blend together seamlessly to create a mesmerizing synthesis of styles.
We hope that this world becomes an informative, comforting and interactive tool that will offer even just a bit of comfort to kids and families dealing with this life-threatening condition.
- Design & Animation: Scholar
- Directors: William Campbell & Will Johnson
- Executive Producer: Jo Arghiris
- Head of Production: Rachel Kaminek
- Associate Creative Director: Michael Tavarez
- CG Supervisor: Tim Hayward
- Sr Producer: Tyler Locke
- Lead Designer: Hana Eunjin Yean
- Designers: Cristina Barna, Ana Chang, Leah Evans, Trish Janovic, Jina Kwon, Christina Liang, JP Rooney
- Cel Animator: Danni Fisher-Shin
- Model/Texture Artists: Allan Bernardo, Michael Dupree, Jamie Ohara, Yas Koyama, Travis Mangaoang, Chris Russo
- Lead Animator: James Lane
- 3D Animators: Eric Molina, Sarah Wolfe
- Lighters: Paul Hargrave, Robin Kim
- Hair/Fur: Adnan Hussain
- Compositor: Kevin Njoo
- Storyboards: Bryan Deloach
- Agency: RPA
- Special Thanks to the following for donations!
- -Bryan Deloach
- -Michael Dupree
- -Blue Pencil Concept
- -Redshift Rendering Technologies